Saturday, September 5, 2015

Conclusions

I found Be More Bookish to be very helpful in cultivating a set of resources that I can now pull from when I am helping customers on the floor each day. Having ReadALike sites and blogs devoted to certain genres helps me stay in the know about novels I might not be inclined to read, but may have a following at my branch. It has also helped me recognize the kinds of genres and narratives possible, which will be especially useful for readers advisory - pulling out appeals and being able to draw on the listening skills necessary to adequately help a patron is essential in exceptional service. The discussions regarding book trailers and demographics (YA, NA, etc.) were also nice because they let me grapple with these thoughts in an informed way. Reading and viewing the materials provided was a nice way to engage in a thoughtful contribution to the discourse surrounding reader's advisory. I feel more informed in dealing with patron issues sand have been able to take away different tools for future use - especially appeal factors and subgenres.

No comments:

Post a Comment